Support groups offered in Livingston County
Support groups offer an invaluable opportunity to spend time and share your thoughts with others who’ve had similar experiences—people in a position to know how you feel. Groups are a source of information and mutual support and are offered by Noyes and several area community-based organizations.
Livingston County Council on Alcohol & Substance Abuse, Inc.
Call (585) 335-5052 or (585) 346-3050 for days, times, and locations.
Call (585) 245-4440. This phone is answered 24/7 providing meeting locations, dates, and times along with general information.
Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Groups
Each group meets monthly at the following location and times:
- The 1st Monday of each month, 1:00 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. Geneseo Methodist Church, Route 63 at Court Street, Geneseo.
- The 1st Monday of each month, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Dansville Public Library, Dansville. Contact the Noyes Caregiver Resource Program at (585) 335-4358 or the Alzheimer's Association at (585) 760-5500.
Bereavement Support Group
Sponsored by the Livingston County Department of Health. Contact the Health Department at (585) 243-7299 for dates and times.
Brunch Bunch Caregiver Support Group
This group meets monthly 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. at Omega Restaurant, 4182 Lakeville Road, Geneseo.
Cardiac Support Group
This group meets every other month. Contact the Health Department at (585) 243-7299 for dates and times.
Depression Support Group
This group meets the first Wednesday each month, 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., Wadsworth Library, 24 Center St, Geneseo. Contact the Mental Health Association for information at (585) 226-3150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic Violence Support Group
Sponsored by Chances and Changes, this group meets at several different times and locations:
- Monday 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. in Mt. Morris
- Wednesday 6:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. in Geneseo
- Friday 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. in Nunda
Contact Chances and Changes at (585) 658-3940 for exact locations and any questions.
Stroke Support Group
Call (585) 335-4327 for information on a support group for stroke survivors and caregivers.